Sunday, January 9, 2011

Home from Rick's Cafe Negril,Jamaica pt 2

Soon it was time to head back over to MoBay, by now it's dark, obviously the coast road was not being used then because we headed back up through the hills, same way we came. Then as now I wonder why Jamaican drivers have to go at breakneck speeds through streets, around potholes and other cars, around animals slowly walking out onto the roads, add to that you are on the side close to the edge, going at it seems 80 miles an hour, in the dark.


There is not always lighting in the hills, something that kept running through my mind. I am also wondering how they would get the car containing our burned up bodies, if that car went over the cliff. That night sitting in the second seat of that van in the dark I wrote a letter to my Grandson, telling him how much I loved him, and how much I would miss him, if something like the above were to happen. Honestly, It had been a while since I had attended a church, but that night I recalled every prayer that I had been taught, every bible verse, every phrase from the Catechism, prayers of Oh Lord! My God!, Heavenly Father, I promise that if we make it back to Mobay safely I will do good works, be a better person, and never ride with this Fool again, were running through my mind as I told him to slow up. Suffice it to say, we made it, and the next day we were off again, on another adventure.


The funny side to this is I have stayed in MoBay twice, but never hung out there, because each driver that I used while there was one who gave such reasonable rates, that each time, it was hit the road on a "Whatever, Wherever adventure. And off we'd go.


I still like to do that, just pick a direction, not necessarily a destination and just go.

No comments:

Post a Comment