Monday, December 27, 2010

Another Day in a Yaad in Negril pt 6

Now when a man even a likke man is willing to work for his supper/dinner, I am never one to stand in his way, I'm hanging clothes and hear "you ask her, no you ask her" I look around and realise I am the "her' "whatagwaan"? seems they want to climb to get the ackee that is of course too high to reach. I decide that using the sticks is better and they go to work, after about 45 minutes of a likkle knock down, a likkle climb their bounty is about 8 ripe ackee, I had to laugh watching them split this up for 2 households, more like a sip, not even a taste, but you would have thought they were warriors and hunters coming home from slaying the meal for the family dinner. Standing tall, big grins, very proud looks.

This was another reminder of the difference in the kids I meet here and my own when they were growing up, if it did not come out of a bag, from a store, they weren't interested. Another is watching them make up games to play with the most obscure objects, I watched a baby girl play for an hour with a string and a bottle cap, with the concentration of someone inventing something. I love it!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! This is a very nice thing that I will definitely come back to more times this year! Thanks for the informative post. Check out:
    Push Out Colors Game Online
    ArmedForces.io game online
    friv4school-2019.com

    ReplyDelete