Thursday, December 16, 2010

SUNDAY IN A YAAD IN JAMAICA pt 12

11/16/10
7:30 AM

One last thing before I close out.

LOBSTER, BARRACUDA, SNAPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wait did he say lobster! Catch him!! Yo how much for lobster, I heard a likkle fast patwa, a likkle kissteef, a likkle man you a teif, soon a bargain was struck and a huge lobster came into my kitchen, me" is that thing still alive, how do we know it's fresh, what should I do with it, are you going to cook it, how?" "no,it's fresh,put it in fridge, I will cook it after I get in from work" well alrighty then two treats in one day, lobster for dinner and later Gyptian at Negril Exscapes, this is going to be a nice day.

Lata, beep! beep!, the green grocer, Tuesdays and Friday, like clock work. I used to get my veggies and fruit from the ladies in the lane near Devon House Ice cream parlor, or Hilo, sometimes from the guys sitting on the lot near Corner Bar, on the beach at NBCC from Hyacinth, or go over to Sav to the market.Oh I used to buy fresh fish out of the cooler from the guys across from Corner Bar also. I met Mr. Neville while on my way home from Easy Rock months ago, bought veggies and asked if he could put me on his list of stops, sure, I got his number and the next Tuesday called to direct him to my yard, and now every Tuesday and Friday fresh, tasty, colorful vegetables and fruit. Callaloo, cabbage, onions, garlic, scallions,pumpkin, dasheen, tomato, cucumber, yam, well you get my drift, everything you need to make a proper Jamaican meal. Bought right to my gate.

So tonight, fried lobster with garlic smashed potatoes, and fresh steamed veggies, food that I did not have to leave my home to buy. Yesterday I hung out for a while at the beach, then to Fisherman's beach for two very tasty Parrot fish. I'm getting pretty good at cooking this Yard food. Rest up and lata Gyptian under the stars, on the cliffs with the sound of the waves crashing to the sound of his music. Life can't get any betta than that.

Just another day in Paradise. Lata

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment