Thursday, December 16, 2010

SUNDAY IN A YAAD IN JAMAICA pt7

8/30/10
2 pm.

Just got back from running errands, Easy Rock, Digi store, HiLo, the bank. After putting the groceries up, and then making a cup of cinnamon tea a new one I bought today, this tea thing is really catching on , this one has an interesting taste. Sitting on the veranda sipping and reading Waiting in Vain by Colin Chambers, I love his stuff, must order more. Amazon is in my favorites making it easy to find. Hopefully Millie can bring a few books with her. Anyway , suddenly I hear loud voices, and look up, a couple of guys are walking and yelling for the cars to pull over, suddenly a house on a truck is coming down my block, ran for the camera, dag they were fast, I got the back of the house/truck as it continues going down the street.

I remember a time when Sue documented the delivery of a board house to her yard, I was fascinated, and tuned in daily after work, to see the progress, now I see this is not an unusual endeavor, my yard mate tells me that is his plan one day to lease a piece of land and set one of those houses on it. They are kind of cute and seem to resemble the trailers my folks in West Virginia lived in, and once you were inside it didn't have the feel of a trailer, I guess the pre made board house is like that, hmmm worth checking out. Maybe tomorrow I will make some calls.

Get this today a house on wheels, yesterday a herd of goats, a couple of horses, chickens, dogs, birds, cats, all passing by my door, just another day in the hood.

I love being retired, not in a rush because I have time to just be. To just sit down and marinate if I want, go on an adventure, if I want, get on the bus and go over to Kingston or Ochi,or over to Trelawney and hang out with I. Sit for hours with Max and L at Easy Rock ,going next door getting dinner, and then sitting for hours just enjoying each other's vibe, not always talking, just being in each other's company and enjoying it, while we share and get to know each other. I miss L and B, and am looking forward to seeing them in a few months.

A nothing day, a full day, an O day its nice to plant the flowers, but even nicer to sit and actually watch them grow. Hey think about it today a house rode down my street.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment