Monday, December 27, 2010

Another Day in a Yaad in Negril pt 2

You know how when you are in Jamaica and you will suddenly hear a beautiful song coming from someone who is singing as they go about the business of their job. Your housekeeper, the gardener, security,sometimes you don't understand the words but the spirit of the act is what makes your heart full. That same urge that makes them sing is the same urge, I have to share with others, the things I am learning, the things I see, and the awesome experiences, no matter how small they are that I am having.

I spoke to Markospoon today and he basically summed it up , "there are things I take time for in Jamaica, that I never give time for when at home," so true for me once upon a time. I believe this is the essence of why people pack up and move to other places, because in a new place even though it is You who went, the opportunity to learn new things about yourself and life are endless. That's what makes this time so special to me.

Not flexing, not boasty, just a sharing of a life experience. Like therapy for me.



“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment